If you love going camping or heading out to multi-day music festivals, this list of amazing solar and USB items will become invaluable to you. Happy Camping!
- Solar USB Charger: This one is the most important. Along with #2 on this list, the solar USB charger is what will allow you to collect the power of the sun for all the other amazing gadgets in the list. This Solar Charger, Solar Power Bank 10000mAh External Backup Battery Pack Dual USB Solar Panel Charger with 2LED Light Carabiner Compass Portable for Emergency Outdoor Camping Travel-Orange has everything you need. Depending on how many of the devices, you may want to get two of these to charge more of the batteries from #2. Of course, there’s higher end Solar USB chargers such as the Nekteck 20W Solar Charger with 2-Port USB Charger Build with High efficiency Solar Panel Cell for All USB Device, but it all depends on your needs, desires and of course budget.
- Portable USB Charger Battery Pack: You can charge two of these with each of the Solar USB Charger’s in #1. So if you get two of those, get four (or more) of these batteries. The deal is you charge these during the day with them plugged into #1 while it’s gathering energy from the sun and storing it in these battery packs. Then once the sun goes down (or anytime really) you can use these battery packs to power the upcoming eight amazing devices! The Poweradd Slim 2, 5000mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger External Battery Pack with ID Identify Tech for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy and More – Black is a good choice and stores a good amount of energy which will last a long time with some of these devices, but could also charge up your phone or tablet device too!
- USB Lightbulbs: I use one of these plugged into a battery pack (#2) and hang it from my neck when I take late night walks in the dark rural area we live in currently. It’s great, it gives me a 20′ nice glowing aura where the dog and I can see where we’re going and not trip in a pot-hole, and drivers can see us far off in the distance (and not hit us). But I’ve also used the Onite 20-US24USB3W-WW USB LED Light for Camping, Warm White while camping and they’re great in the tent. Enough light to do pretty much anything you need, and because they’re LED’s, you could keep it on pretty much all night and not wear out the battery pack.
- USB Heated Coffee/Tea Mug: Imagine coming back to your tent from a cold hike, you pour some water in your North Point HW4274 Blue Heated Stainless Steel Travel Mug, drop in a Numi Organic Tea Tea Bag and plug into your USB Battery Charger. Ten to fifteen minutes later you’ll have a nice hot cup of tea… no fire or propane needed. If you’re a coffee person, you can just heat up some water and mix in some Mount Hagen Organic Freeze Dried Instant Coffee and have yourself a nice hot cup of joe. Or you can use my favorite instant coffee, good old Nescafe. I think this is one of the best things on the list. Who doesn’t like a warm cup of tea or even some hot chocolate before bed when camping?
- USB Powered Fan: This one makes great sense if you’re camping during the summer, or heading out to Burning Man! Of course, if you’re like me, you need some fan noise just to fall asleep. While the OPOLAR F401 Mini USB Table Desk Fan is a great and solid choice I’ve been looking at getting one of these LED USB Fan Clocks just for the awesome multitasking of it. No need to look at your watch or pull your phone out to see what time it is when you can just look at your FAN! Now if this is a necessity for all you who camp or go to festivals in the summer, the next gadget will be perfect for you who brave the cold and snow and go winter camping! If you do go camping in the winter, I salute you, but I won’t be coming along.
- USB Heater: So while this may not completely heat your tent, it may definitely keep your hands or toes warm. With a thermostat, adjustable stand, and two heat setting (100 degree green mode/110 degree red mode), the WinnerEco Portable Mini Fan Heater may be the perfect thing for those cold festival nights after dancing to a four hour Bassnectar set and you just want to go back to the tent, chill and get warmed up! If this isn’t enough to keep you as warm as you want to be then the next item might be exactly what you’re needing.
- USB Heated Shawl/Blanket: This USB Heated Shawl and Lap Blanket will keep your body warm as you sip your tea out of #4! There are some great accessories that can go along with this one too such as these USB Heated Half & Full Finger Winter Warm Hand Gloves or USB Electric Heating Socks. I know I’m going to be ordering all of these for my wife, she loves ANYTHING that helps her stay warm.
- Hand Crank Emergency Radio: While this doesn’t ‘run’ of the battery packs from #2, I recommend that everyone has one of these if they’re going camping or to stick in the emergency/bug out bag just in case. The ZEUS POWER, SOLAR, HAND CRANK EMERGENCY AM/FM WEATHER NOAA RADIO, Battery Pack, USB charger can come in handy in more ways than I could possibly explain here. This is also a great backup in case your solar charger from #1 quits working, breaks or get’s lost while you’re out in the wild.
- USB Cooler: If #4 is perfect for those cold winter nights, this one is for those hot summer nights when you just want a cold beer after a long day of hiking or rocking out. The Cooluli Mini Fridge Electric Cooler will have a cold six-pack waiting for you when you get back to the tent. Oh did we mention that it’s thermoelectric system allows for easy switching from beverage cooler to food warmer!! This is another of those items that’s kind of a “can’t live without” anymore! We absolutely love ours!
- USB Book Light: Now we know we already featured a ‘light’ here, but that’s for FULL TENT coverage. What happens when you’re friends or significant others want to go to sleep, but you’re still wanting to read your copy of The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead? That’s where the Amir Rechargeable Book Light comes in. Just enough light to let you read long into the night while not bothering the rest of your group. It’s the nice thing to do after all.
We hope you find some good items for your personal use or of course some good gift ideas! If you have other Solar or USB devices, hacks or ideas you’d like to let us know about, please leave a comment in the comments section below.
Children’s Telepathic Workshop